Rules, Judges Instruction & Criteria
1. Competitors must polish one hand of the model with a red color. Polish or color gels are allowed. Topcoats and sealers are allowed. No frost or shimmers allowed.
2. Salon style French pink & white nails are to be created. Cover pink products are allowed. These are salon style nails. The free edge may be shaped with this in consideration. Soften squared free edges are allowed. No stiletto or Almond shapes are allowed.
3. The competitor may use gel and acrylic.
4. Time allowed is 2 hours (120 minutes)
5. Topcoat or gel sealer on the exposed pink and white application is allowed to create shine
6. Oil is allowed.
7. Water and soap may be used in finishing.
8. The competitor may choose to apply with forms or tips.
9. Competitors may not pre-size or cut the forms prior to the start of the competition. Doubling of forms is allowed as long as they are not cut in any manner and are attached on the paper. Metal supports are allowed but must be applied after competition begins
10. Natural or clear tips or forms may be used. No white tips
11. Gel competitors must bring their own UV/LED Gel lamp.
12. Electric files are allowed, but competitor must supply their own machine, electrical cords and adaptors.
13. Electric file oil and all types of buffing creams are allowed.
14. Chamois style buffers are allowed both by hand or machine.
15. Pinching tools, c-curve stick and all types of tools used to create a proper structure are allowed
16. One hand may be applied with the competitors choice of Clear or Pink acrylic or gel (red polish must be applied on this hand), the other hand must be applied with Pink and White acrylic or gel. Gel paint is allowed to create the white free edge
17. UV or LED lights are allowed on the table during the competition and must be provided by the competitor.
18. All general rules apply to this competition. Total points for Division 1 is 150, Division 2 is 155 & Division 3 is 160.
- Arch and Apex
- Form Fit or Tip Application
- Free Edge Thickness
- Lateral Side Extension
- Nail Shape
- Surface Smoothness
- High Shine Finish
- Product Control
- Polish Application
- Cuticle Area