Rules, Judges Instruction & Criteria
1. This competition combines the element of art with the technical aspect of nail structure.
2. Competitors will be scored on a combination of technical and artistic criteria.
3. The nails should have a traditional Stiletto shape where the tip of the nail comes to a fine point.
4. Total time allowed for this competition is 2 hours for 1 hand
5. Competitor is allowed to choose to sculpt with gel or acrylic and the nails must be sculpted with forms.
6. Tips are not allowed
7. The competitor is allowed to use products with any color and glitter.
8. Design work can be applied inside the application without limitation and/or on top of the nails with art that is no more than 5 millimeters in height.
9. The competitor may incorporate all types of paint and rhinestones for an added artistic element on top of the nail, but the hand painting will only count for 20% of the total score on all artistic scoring criteria.
10. The nails will be scored in a similar manner as most artificial enhancement competitions.
11. There will also be categories such as creativity, artistic design and use of color that will be scored.
12. The application can be designed to the competitor’s desire and ability.
13. Gel sealers or top coat must be applied
14. Electric files are allowed
15. Oil is allowed
16. Electric file oil is allowed
17. Pinching tools, c-curve sticks and all types of tools used to create a proper structure are allowed
18. The natural nail may be prepared up to the primer application
19. No pre-sizing of forms or applying of forms is allowed prior to the competition
20. Decals or pre assembled art of any kind is not allowed
21. All work must be created at the time of the competition
22. All general rules apply to this competition
23. Total possible points 1 hand 95.
- Arch and Apex
- Free Edge Thickness
- Lateral Side Extension
- Surface Smoothness
- Uniformity of Nail Shape
- Cuticle Area
- Product Control
- High Shine Finish
- Creativity of Design
- Total Impression
- Level of Difficulty